A solar charge controller is required for any solar array of 12-Watt or higher. Solar panels are unregulated and can have a-voltage higher than necessary to charge 12-volt batteries. The Nature Power 8-Amp Solar Charge Controller will prevent overcharging of batteries by regulating the-voltage from a 12-volt solar panel to a safe level for charging 12-volt batteries. Designed for use with 12-volt solar panels this solar charge controller is safe for use with up to 8-amp or 130-Watt from a solar array. A simple two LED display shows that the solar panel is functioning and whether your battery is charging or fully charged. The solar controller will also prevent a battery from losing power through the solar panel at night. This solar charge controller is easy to use and easy to set up, great for beginners to solar power, plug and play connections eliminate any fussing with electrical wires. You can connect up to seven Nature Power 18-Watt Solar Panels to one 8-Amp Solar Charge Controller. The charge controller is meant to be permanently connected to the battery and the solar panel even when you are drawing power from the battery. Solar charge controllers should installed close to the battery in a dry and ventilated area. This solar charge controller is covered by a 1 year manufacturers warranty.
- Provides protection to your batteries from overcharging from 12-volt solar panels
- Can handle up to 130-watt or 8-amp from a solar array
- Cut in voltage of 13-volts, cut out voltage of 14.2-volts
- User friendly easy to read two led display shows that your battery is fully charge or is charging
- Measures 4-inch by 5-inch by 1.5-inch and weighs less than one pound